How do you decide which musicals make it into the database?
To be included in the database, a musical must meet the following set requirements:
- A professionally made cast album of the show is available online.
Additionally, the musical must fulfill at least one of the following criteria:
- It has had a significant production on Broadway, West End, or an equivalent prestigious theater venue.
- It was written by an established composer with a notable reputation in the field.
- It has established a significant fan base/following.
- It has been produced in numerous theaters across various cities.
While exceptions may be considered for exceptionally high-quality shows, they will be rare occurrences.
How can I optimize my search on the website?
To improve your search results, try incorporating quotes into your search term when looking for something specific. Keeping your searches concise is key. Here are some examples of effective use of quotes:
- Searching for audition songs from the musical ‘Six’? Use the search term: “Audition Songs for Six.”
- Interested in musicals set in the 1980s? Try: “Musicals Set in the 1980s.”
Using quotes in your search can help pinpoint the exact information you’re seeking and save time in the process.”
Are you accepting guest articles at the moment?
We are not currently accepting guest articles. However, if you have any other unique proposals, feel free to send an email to: [email protected].
What are some of your favorite musicals and cast albums?
While I try to maintain objectivity on Theatre Trip, I of course have personal favorite musicals and cast albums. For my personal reviews and opinions, you can visit my website!